Ask yourself, why we are writing a blog post?. We are writing content for blog to convert people. Let’s know Why SEO skills knowledge required to become a content writer.
We know “Content is King” and a writer made the King. Yes, A content writer should have a solid understanding of SEO, Search Engine Optimization. Today’s digital marketing world an SEO should have language skills. And a content writer should have a knowledge of SEO. They are working hand on hand in digital marketing. SEO can be an excellent professional writer and vice versa.
A great content writer should know regarding SEO trends. It is important to know how to pursuit SEO friendly headlines, keywords use, on-page optimization, off-page optimization and Google’s latest algorithm changes.
Why Should A Content Writer Know About SEO?
If readers didn’t find your content in search engine rankings then how the content writing will be effective? Search Engine Optimization capable to increase the number of visitors to your website by obtaining a high ranking placement in SERP, Search Engine Result Page.
As a content writer, you need to understand some process of SEO skills. It is important to rank well of your post in search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. Search engines look for elements including title tags, keywords, image tags, internal link, external link, etc.
You should have sound knowledge mainly Keyword Research, Onpage optimization and link building to ranking high of your website.
Are You A Great Content Writer?
To be a great content writer one of the 3 skills of SEO you need to know.
keywords always keep you focused when you are writing content to attract traffic from search engines. When you know what words you have to choose, you know what to write.
It is important nowadays to include the main things on focus keywords or phrases to cover the current blog post. Voice searches are increasing to look for information. People using single phrase for voice search, Amazon Echo, Google Assistant.
You can find a precise observation are writing search query on search engines. If you are looking for “digital marketing academy in Hyderabad” for training purpose, you will not be looking for “how to create an academy” or “academy in Hyderabad”.
If you are looking to learn car driving, you are not going to search for “car manufacturer in Hyderabad”. You may search for “driving school near me”. You need to do very inclusive research of particular relevant keywords for your business, products of your business depend on traffic derive from those keywords.
A great content writer must have brainstorming quality, analysis quality, internet savvy, habit of research on competitor websites, knowledge to use important keyword research tools like SEMRush, Google Ads research, Aherfs, Ubersuggest, etc.
You need to select the keyword with high relevancy, better search volume and low KEI (Keyword Effectiveness Index). Google Ads keyword planner allows you to know regarding those above mention factors.
Use your keywords, phrase, sentences to guide your language o that visitors know what you are talking about. Don not simply use keywords to improve your SEO.
On-Page SEO Techniques for content writing:
One of the important SEO skills is On-Page SEO. A content writer should have knowledge of this SEO skill. There are some factors for on-page optimization. Content writer follows those factors.
- URL: you need to add your focus keyword in the URL (Except for home page)
- Meta Title: Meta title description should be 60 to 65 characters include focus keyword. Keep in mind always use title case and ad brand name at the end of meta title.
- Meta description: It should be 170 characters include focus keyword beginning of the sentence. You need to keep it unique and ad brand name at the end.
- Headings: A content writer should maintain the rules of heading and subheadings in its blog post.
- Content: Content is the main anchor to attract audiences. Your website pages should have a minimum of 300 words. Do not use repetitive words. Use synonyms of the keyword. Keep in mind that focus keywords distribute across the content.
- Images and Videos: Use most relevant images and videos reflects with your content subject. Add some images and embedded relevant videos from youtube with short description contains relevant keywords.
- Links: A content writer should use links on blog post. There are two types of links; Do follow and No follow. You should use do-follow links on your content as search engines crawlers follow do-follow links only.
On-page optimization is one of the SEO skills which can rank your content higher in search engine ranking.
Google crawlers search a ton of article on the internet. Articles have backlinks are preferred by search engine crawlers. Link building is one of the most important SEO skills need to know to become a content writer. Link building is not only added different links to your articles.
It means to connect with relevant people of the industry. Link building refers to Offpage optimization. Activities of off-page optimization should know to become a content writer.
Off-Page Optimization Factors You Need To Know:
- Blogger Outreach: Prepare excellent content for your blog post. Identify and contact suitable bloggers. Ask them to consider a review for your post.
- Guest Blogging: Develop content and ask suitable bloggers to allow you to write down article on their blogs.
- Get a link to your blog post: Follow up the identified bloggers. Choose suitable blogs where your article can be linked.
- Answer Questions on Quora: Search and identify suitable questions and give unique response with links to your content. Post maximum answer you can. This will help promote your blogs.
- Commenting on Blogs: Search similar articles which you already have. Read what kind of article and comments on it with a link to relevant resource on your website.
- Social sharing: Share your article on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn groups, Pinterest, Reddit, Mix.com and other social bookmarking sites.
As of now, you understand that a high quality contains is important for article. A well-crafted content can help you build links to your website. Research says that Long-form content generates more backlinks than short blog posts.
For more backlinks article should be >3000 to <10000 words. The ideal content length for social media shares is 1000 to 2000 words.
If you follow those process your content will go higher rank and blog will get promotions in a unique way. Research says that you need to balance content writing skill with SEO skills to become a good content writer.
High-quality links, images, videos, infographic, Q&A network participation are the most important tactics and method of knowledge for a content writer. Remember, a great content writer should have research and analysis quality and Passion for writing.