Hello everyone. Do you know? What is a podcast? Here I am giving you a complete guide after my research. Here we go.
A podcast is a series of spoken, digital audio or videos published in the episode, can download and listen. You can commute with those video or audio files, even at the time of working.
Podcasting is high in demand. According to Edison Research and Triton Digital podcasting viewers are growing every year. Podcasting is always a specific topic or theme centric.
What Is RSS Feed And How It Is Related With Podcast?
RSS or Really Simple Syndication helps to XML files of a computer to update the files easily in automation. These files by RSS feed of a user. The RSS feed reader converts the files into the updated read formats from the user’s website.
You must have a podcast integrated RSS feed. It will contain the only podcasts and very much different from the usual RSS feed. A website might have contained lots of pages include have images, videos and many more. These will go into the usual RSS feed with a huge list. Podcast episodes will be included in its related RSS feed directories.
Think of yourself as a listener for a while. RSS feed keep listing by default a specific number of content from your website, you have posted. These posts are most of all very recent. Podcast readers will ignore everything are not related to the podcast.
Types of Podcasts
Are you thinking about starting your own podcast but confused to select the types? Here I am discussing some common types.
The Interview Podcast
It is about an interview session with your guests. You can share the interview podcast across social media platforms in front of new users. Your guest experience is important to share the interview podcast with social media users. Those new audiences will share your podcast if they liked.
You are allowed to share the interview podcast in different content including opinions, stories, advice, and expertise. This type of podcast is flexible and you can create it from home and the guest is sitting remotely.
The Solo Podcast
This is very easy and one of the popular types of podcasts. It is an excellent way to create your personal brand, established yourself digitally. You only need a microphone and a smartphone, create it and your audience can access from anywhere. You can work with your own schedule and do not worry about dependency on the guest.
Editing of the solo podcasts is easier compared with another podcast. You can stick with your plan for the episodes. You don’t require to anxious about writing pages. It is a great way to connect with your audiences more deeply. This podcast is exclusive to your interaction with the audience. It won’t take time to know you and they will definitely recommend your show.
The Panel Show
News and current affairs style of shows consists of a guest and a number of experts or guests called The Panel Show Podcast. It rotates weekly wise. You can give new opinions and perspectives each week to your audience.
So much information from the guest can make your podcast audience favorite. NPR’s 1A is one of the examples of panel show podcast.
Conversational and Co-hosted Podcast
This type of podcast show can be created in a simple or complex way. In general “fiction” based podcast shows are difficult to create without a big team. It might take lots of your time and team includes with journalists, editors, producers, sound designers. This American Life, Serial and S-Town is one of the examples.
So unless you have a great story idea with lots of audio elements, ambient sound, phone conversations, behind the scenes audio, you should avoid this podcast.
Most Popular Podcast Genres in Million, mention in the following chart
Podcasting, A Future Of Digital Marketing. Really?
The podcast is a sleeping hulk content for digital marketing. Here are some reasons can make the podcast a future of digital marketing.
- You will see there is very low competition for podcast marketers. Only 700000 podcasts are airing on Facebook out of 80million business pages.
- Listeners only need to hit and play. So it is easy for an engaging way to commute with the audience and very convenient for listeners.
- Podcasts are very much mobile responsive. 69% of podcast listeners can listen to your podcast in mobile devices at the time of commute.
- An important time for podcast marketers. It is expected over 115 million podcast listeners weekly will be increased by 2021.
- 20% of loyal podcast listeners are liked to connect with your brand on social media.
- A great interactive platform with your audiences include audience polls, answer questions, and take “calls”.
- Easy and very cost-effective for podcast creators. A smartphone can make you a great podcaster content with photos and videos.
- You can establish credibility and offers value to the customers with thought leadership.
- A plethora of earning opportunities for marketers. You can make an average of $10000 and 15% of them can earn $150000.
- You can schedule the podcast on air with publishing consistency.
How to Start A Podcast: Step By Step
Podcast creating is very easy. You need to follow the following steps.
- Choose a topic and give a name.
- Plan a format with a specific time duration.
- Design a cover in an artistic way.
- Create an intro and outro music or background score.
- Equipment selection for recording audio or video.
- Audio recording and later editing.
- Submit to apple podcast i.e. iTunes (optional).
- Launch and promote it on different digital platforms.
Top 15 Outstanding Tools for Every Podcaster Needed
There are many great podcast tools you will get. Those tools help you to enhance your podcast episodes into a new level.
Here I recommend 15 essential tools, deliver your podcast more efficiently, no matter what kind of podcast you are creating.
A Brief History of Podcast
An MTV video jockey Adam Curry and a software developer Dave Winer together first invented Podcasting in 2004, released by name “ipodder”. The podcast is combining the word “iPod” and “Broadcast”. Podcasting as a name first suggested by a journalist from The Guardian newspaper and BBC, Mr. Ben Hammersley.
This technology first made for Apple devices. Previously this was named audio blogging.
Top 5 Most Popular Podcasts Across the World
- Red Ball is one of the most popular podcasts in crime segments.
- The Daily, hosted by Mr. Michael Barbaro, a news podcast, conducted by many journalists.
- The Joe Rogan Experience is one of the most popular podcasts among comedy segment, hosted by Joe Rogan himself.
- Serial is the most downloaded podcast in the world, 175 million in June. Hosted and produced by Sarah Koenig, an investigative journalism podcast.
- RadioLab by WNYC studios is looking at scientific and philosophical concepts with creative art, hosted by Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich.
Top 3 Most Popular Podcast in India
- 3Things is a podcast by The Indian Express about what is going on in your surroundings and why you need to care about it.
- Anupama Chopra Film Review is a well-researched, quality podcast for all Bollywood and Hollywood movie lovers, hosted by film critique, television anchor and author Anupama Chopra.
- Audiogyan is an Interview and conversation podcast with Art, Design, and Philosophy.
Conclusion with Famous Quotes About Podcast
“The medium of podcasting and the personal nature of it, the relationship you build with your listeners and the relationship they have with you – they could be just sitting there, chuckling and listening… there’s nothing like that.”
“I like the freedom of podcasting. With podcasting you can really mess around with the form and the format. You can do as much time as you like without having to pause for commercials.”
“Podcasting is great. Total freedom.”
No matter what subject you are interested in. It is a big advantage to digital marketing. Create your own podcast now.